Grow Gardeners – Gardening with Kids!
Gardening is fun and rewarding activity for kids. My husband and I enjoy growing flowers, herbs, vegetables, and more. I personally like vegetable and herb gardening. It is so rewarding to grow what you eat and eat what you grow. Gardening gives us a real appreciation for where our food comes from.
My kids love to be outside; seeing nature, enjoying the sunshine, smelling the flowers, playing with insects, and digging in the dirt. Gardening is a perfect hobby for all of us share.
Gardening may seem like a boring hobby for kids. There are so many other things to compete with; television, video games, sports, toys, reading books, climbing trees. It may be tough to keep them interested. So, how do you get/keep your kids interested in gardening?
15 Ways to Get/Keep Your Kids Interested in Gardening:
- Start Them Early
- Let Them Get Dirty
- Let Them Help Plan the Garden
- Let Your Kids Help Prepare the Garden Spot
- Show Your Kids You Love Gardening
- Give Your Kids Their Own Tools to Use
- Grow Gardens all Around
- Don’t be too Picky
- Plant Interesting Plants…and Study Them Together
- Grow Things You Can Eat
- Add Fun Structure to the Garden
- Plant a Container Garden Indoors or Outside
- Give Your Garden a Fun Theme
- Make Gardening a Tradition
- Let Them Help You with the Harvest
”A man’s children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season”. — Unknown
Come and Learn with us…Gardening with Kids!