My husband’s grandma made Spiced Pecans for us one year around Christmas time. My kids loved them. I asked for the recipe. Of course, she didn’t have a recipe, but told me what she did. This is what I came up with from what she told me. They are tasty and make a great homemade Christmas gift.
Affiliate Disclosure! MamasHomestead.com contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I will make a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting us and keeping our website going.
Ingredients for Spiced Pecans
1 cup demerara sugar (pure cane granulated sugar would be fine also)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of each; ground cloves, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, sea salt
1 pound pecans
Instructions for Spiced Pecans
Thank you for visiting Mama’s Homestead!
- Ingredients for Spiced Pecans
- 1 cup demerara sugar (pure cane granulated sugar would be fine also)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of each; ground cloves, ground allspice, ground nutmeg, sea salt
- 1 pound pecans
- Instructions for Spiced Pecans
- Place sugar, water, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and salt in a medium sauce pan. Cook to softball stage (240 degrees F), stirring constantly.
- Right as it reaches that point, pour in pecans. Stir until pecans are completely coated.
- Spread warm, coated pecans on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow to cool. Break spiced pecans apart and enjoy.
- Spiced Pecans make great Christmas gifts.