Rocky Road Bars came about one evening in our kitchen while my daughter and I were searching for a sweet treat that was simple to make. We made them up as we went along. We had all the ingredients on hand to put together these beautiful bars. The flavor reminds me of a No-Bake Cookie, only richer.
Affiliate Disclosure! MamasHomestead.com contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link, I will make a commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting us and keeping our website going.
Ingredients for Rocky Road Bars
1 cup butterscotch chips
2 cups chocolate chips (divided)
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
½ cup butter
½ cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 package miniature marshmallows
Caramel for drizzling
Instructions for Rocky Road Bars
Thank you for visiting Mama’s Homestead!
- Ingredients for Rocky Road Bars
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package miniature marshmallows
- Caramel for drizzling
- Instructions for Rocky Road Bars
- Melt butterscotch chips, 1 cup chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a double boiler.
- Add vanilla; stir well. Fold in pecans. Place marshmallows in a greased 9” x 13” pan. Pour chocolate-butterscotch mixture over the marshmallows.
- Allow to cool for five minutes and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Cool in refrigerator until solid, drizzle with caramel, cut with a sharp knife and enjoy.