My kids love to grab the cookie cutters after I make these brownies. They can hardly wait for them to cool, before they are choosing their favorite shapes.
Bake them, let them cool, then cut fun shapes for any occasion with cookie cutters. You could even ice or decorate them, maybe add some sprinkles.
These brownies have a delicious chocolatey flavor, with a fudgy texture. I always add hickory nuts or black walnuts from our trees, but the nuts are optional.
Ingredients for Fudge Brownie Cut-Outs:
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup melted shortening
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3/4 cup baking cocoa
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 cup chopped hickory nuts or walnuts (optional)
Instructions for Fudge Brownie Cut-Outs:
Add Melted melted butter and shortening. Mix until well combined.
Gradually stir into egg mixture. Add nuts, if desired.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup melted shortening
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped hickory nuts or walnuts (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Add Melted melted butter and shortening. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, ans salt. Gradually stir into egg mixture. Add nuts, if desired. Spread batter into a greased 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Cut fun shapes for any occasion using your favorite cookie cutters. Enjoy!