How to make the Best Fried Chicken.
That’s the title my husband wanted to give this post. Ahhh…Fried Chicken, my husband’s favorite. I think he could eat it every day! It’s a classic. I can’t say it’s healthy, but it is delicious.
Ingredients for Fried Chicken:
3-4 pound chicken, cut in pieces for frying
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of coconut oil, canola oil, shortening, or lard (your preference)
Instructions for Fried Chicken:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat (425 degrees).
Enjoy! Let me know if your family liked this Fried Chicken recipe!
- 3-4 pound chicken, cut in pieces for frying
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Other seasonings (if desired): I have used poultry seasonings, my Homemade Seasoned Salt or Old Bay Seasoning in the past
- 1 cup of coconut oil, canola oil, shortening, or lard (your preference)
- Wash chicken and blot dry with paper towels.
- Put flour, salt, pepper, and other desired seasonings in a gallon-size plastic storage bag or large mixing bowl, combine.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat (425 degrees).
- Roll each piece of chicken in the flour/seasoning mixture until completely coated.
- Place chicken in skillet, skin side down. Tilt lid and let fry for about 15 minutes. Turn and let fry 10 minutes (or until internal temperatures reach 165 degrees F and juices run clear).
- Other seasonings (if desired): I have uses poultry seasonings or ‘Old Bay’ in the past.